Please follow and like us:
Fennel Seed has been used as an alternative to wean children off candy. It is also a good breath freshener. Fennel is known to aid in digestion, bloating, stomach cramps, gas,
Fennel is a hardy perennial herb that can be found in pastures and along roadsides in many regions of the United States. The flowers are small, yellow, and beautiful and the leaves are green and feathery. It grows well by seed and is considered a weed in both the United States and Australia. It primarily looks like Dill.
Fennel tea (made from the seeds of the plant) contains vitamin C, many B vitamins, and important minerals, including potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Fennel tea has been used for many years as an herbal remedy and the benefits are numerous.
Health Benefits of Fennel Tea
• Fennel tea is gentle enough to give to infants and is especially beneficial in treating colic. Fennel tea relaxes smooth muscles and relieves spasms in the gastrointestinal tract which makes it an effective herbal remedy for treating gas and bloating. It also helps treat constipation, soothe an upset stomach, and relieve abdominal cramps. People suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) find much relief from fennel tea.
• Fennel tea stimulates the effects of estrogen and has traditionally been used to treat premenstrual syndrome (PMS), low milk production, menopausal symptoms, and low libido. Fennel tea also relaxes smooth muscles in the uterus, thus relieving menstrual cramps.
• Fennel tea can help relieve conjunctivitis and sore eyes. After the tea cools, soak a cotton pad in it and place it over the eyelids for ten minutes.
Other benefits of fennel tea include:
• boosting metabolism resulting in weight loss
• flushing toxins and excess water from the body
• soothing a sore throat
• loosening and expelling phlegm from the bronchial passages
• Reducing a fever.
and it tastes good like licorice
. Disclaimer: This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not to treat, cure or diagnose. For informational purposes only. Please seek the advice of a physician if you are under medical care before using any herb, vitamin or supplement. Do not take if you suspect you are pregnant. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not use if you suspect you are allergic